NORDSTROM SYSTEM UPDATES & IMPACTS - BEGINNING JANUARY 31, 2021
Nordstrom is modernizing our merchandising and accounts payable system platforms to enable a simplified and standard ecosystem across all of our channels. Our supplier community is a vital component of this change. With this change there are new vendor requirements for invoicing, as well as impacts to EDI and reporting. Please review attached details for awareness and actions needed to support a smooth transition with minimal disruption.
For attached details, click here
Shipping compliance standards and offset fees will adjust to market rates. Nordstrom requires all suppliers to ship in alignment with retail industry standards including packaging, labelling, ticketing and usage of electronic documents (EDI). Non-Compliance Offset Fees adjust to market rates effective December 1, 2020.
For additional details on Nordstrom Compliance Updates, click here
- RFID ticketing will be required in 2021.
- If you are currently ticketing for other retailers, please begin ticketing for Nordstrom.
- For additional details on RFID Requirements in 2021, click here
BC Origin Shippers
To avoid incorrect carrier chargebacks, please review the Canada Routing Guide for instructions on shipping with our new carrier: T-Force Integrated Solutions. See pages 14 and 60 for detailed instructions.
For details on shipping to Nordstrom stores in the United States, please visit www.nordstromsupplier.com
REVISED FEBRUARY 25, 2021
- 02-25-21: Business Basics: Invoicing Instructions for Non-EDI Suppliers Updated
- 02-18-21: Packaging & Labeling Standards: NRHL Carton Dimensions Updated on Page 2
- 01-27-21: Business Basics - Section 3 - Sub-Section 3rd Party EDI Providers: Updated phone number for eZcom Software Inc.
- 01-26-21: SYSTEM UPDATES AND IMPACTS: Please review documents under Announcements
- 01-12-21: HANGING STANDARDS: Section 1 - Added Men's Suits, Blazers & Sleepwear table; Updated verbiage for Encore to Exteneded Sizes; Updated Juniors to Young Adult (Women's)
- 01-07-21: PURCHASE ORDER TERMS & CONDITIONS: Payment terms reverted back to NET 45 & Section 6 updated.
- 12-17-20: PACKAGING AND LABELING STANDARDS: Section 3 - Non-EDI Shipments: Carton Lael Requirements - called out that EDI is a requirement, added more specification on label size and font
- 12-17-20: HOW TO SHIP TO NORDSTROM CANADA BY UPS (left sidebar): Updated De-Selecting UPS Electronic Shipments; please review in its entirety
- 12-17-20: SUPPLIER REQUIREMENTS WHEN NORDSTORM IS THE IMPORTER (left sidebar): Removed Commercial Invoice Checklist and Sample Commercial Invoice. Updated remaining documents please review in their entirety
- 12-17-20: BEAUTY GUIDELINES: Moved under Supplier Requirements When Nordstrom Is Importer
- 12-09-20: BUSINESS BASICS: Section 3 - Added InterTrade to 3rd Party Provider List
- 11-05-20: HANGING STANDARDS: Updated Section 1 Hanging Requirements for Men's Suits, Wool, and Cashmere Coats.
- 11-05-20: COMPLIANCE UPDATES: Please review documents under Announcements.
- 09-08-20: BUSINESS BASICS: Section 3 EDI Requirements, updated requirement for suppliers to be EDI compliant in 60 Days vs. 90 Days; 3rd Party EDI Providers updated Innovative Systems website and contact information
- 08-19-20: SUPPLIER RESOURCES & CONTACTS: Updated Supplier Contact Infomation Option 6 for Custom Compliance adding email contact
- 08-19-20: NPG PARTNER STANDARDS: New location on the left side bar and updated link to this in Business Basics document
- 08-19-20: BUSINESS BASICS: Updated NPG Partner Standards link
- 07-14-20: ROUTING GUIDE: Updated Dept # to new Dept # for Jewelry & Watches with high value
- 07-14-20: HANGING STANDARDS: Section 1, sub-section Ecommerce & Reserve Stock Removed Bridal Dept # and now displayed as product type; sub-section Rack Men's Suits removed Dept # and now displayed by product type
- 07-14-20: PACKAGING & LABELING STANDARDS: Section 3, updated Dept. note for Fine Jewelry # 89, 589, 696 to new Dept 881
- 07-14-20: PACKING STANDARDS: Section 1, sub-section Packing Slip Requirements updated Dept # 89, 589 & 696 to new Dept 881
- 07-14-20: TICKET STANDARDS: Section 1, sub-section Return Hang Tags, updated Department Table to new Departments
- 06-17-20: ROUTING GUIDE: US to Canada added new carriers (Estes Express and XPO Logistics) for some Gilbert Consolidation states. Willowbrook Rack (store 840) opening date updated