NORDSTROM SYSTEM UPDATES & IMPACTS - BEGINNING JANUARY 31, 2021
Nordstrom is modernizing our merchandising and accounts payable system platforms to enable a simplified and standard ecosystem across all of our channels. Our supplier community is a vital component of this change. With this change there are new vendor requirements for invoicing, as well as impacts to EDI and reporting. Please review attached details for awareness and actions needed to support a smooth transition with minimal disruption.
For attached details, click here
Shipping compliance standards and offset fees will adjust to market rates. Nordstrom requires all suppliers to ship in alignment with retail industry standards including packaging, labelling, ticketing and usage of electronic documents (EDI). Non-Compliance Offset Fees adjust to market rates effective December 1, 2020.
For additional details on Nordstrom Compliance Updates, click here
- It is our expectation for suppliers to begin shipping with RFID tags starting August 2021.
- If you are currently ticketing for other retailers, please begin ticketing for Nordstrom.
- For additional details on RFID Requirements in 2021, click here
- For updated RFID ticket dimensions, click here
BC Origin Shippers
To avoid incorrect carrier chargebacks, please review the Canada Routing Guide for instructions on shipping with our new carrier: T-Force Integrated Solutions. See pages 14 and 60 for detailed instructions.
For details on shipping to Nordstrom stores in the United States, please visit www.nordstromsupplier.com
REVISED JULY 22, 2021
- 07-22-21: PACKING STANDARDS: Updated Section 3 adding clarification on packing Ecommerce Orders and also added Oversized / Ship Alone refernce that points to the Packaging & Labeling Standards
- 07-21-21: PACKING STANDARDS: Updated Shoes section on Page 7 for Self Locking Lids/Rubber bands.
- 07-20-21: HANGING STANDARDS: Updated Section 1 regarding Unacceptable Items.
- 07-07-21: PARTNERSHIP GUIDELINES: Please review updated document.
- 06-03-21: BUSINESS BASICS: Updated email address for merch invoices from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com
- 05-27-21: SUPPLIER STANDARDS, EDI MAPPING DOCUMENTS & EXPENSE OFFSET POLICIES: Updated FLS Terminology to Nordstrom Store on all documents
- 05/27/21: HANGING STANDARDS: Section 1, sub section Men’s Suits, Jackets/Sport Coats and Sleepwear corrected hanger number for coats fom 3315 to 3319
- 05-20-21: CONTACT US & RESOURCES (top right hand corner): Refreshed page with updated format for ease of use
- 05-20-20: INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS: Updated 'Certificate Holder' address on 2nd page of document
- 05-05-21: CONTACT US & RESOURCES (top right hand corner): Added button to email a 'Return Address Update' to
- 04-29-21: PO TERMS & CONDITIONS: Section 10 Updated.
- 04-29-21: BUSINESS BASICS: Section 3, Sub-Section EDI 860 vs. EDI 850FR - Removed verbiage US Nordstrom Full Line and Nordstrom.com only have EDI 860 as only option, all divisions now have EDI 850FR option
- 04-15-21: BUSINESS BASICS: Removed EAN-8 under UPC Catalog
- 03-31-21: NRHL | HAUTELOOK REFERENCES: All documents, including Business Basics, Hanging Standards, Packing Standards, Packaging & Labeling Standards, Ticket Standards, Expense Offset Policies, NPG Partner Standards and RFID Specification have been updated to reflect nordstromrack.com vs. NRHL and HauteLook
- 03-18-21: EXPENSE OFFSET POLICIES: Please review updated policies regarding UPS Small Parcel Shipments. Contingent Worker Service Expectations document added on left side navigation bar under Supplier Standards.
- 03-15-21: SUPPLIER RESOURCES & CONTACTS: Updated Merch AP email address to primary email address: firstname.lastname@example.org vs. email@example.com; Removed Floor Ready and Volume Load options on Supplier Hotline
- 03-11-21: ANNOUNCEMENTS: RFID Requirements & RFID Ticket Dimensions policies updated
- 02-25-21: Business Basics: Invoicing Instructions for Non-EDI Suppliers Updated
- 02-18-21: Packaging & Labeling Standards: NRHL Carton Dimensions Updated on Page 2